At Lorelei School we believe that education is a joint responsibility between home and school. Parental
involvement is strongly encouraged and appreciated. Parents can become involved by:
- Encouraging your child to talk about what they have learned, and celebrating their achievements
- Becoming acquainted with the teacher and other school staff
- Attending the various functions provided for parents and students at the school
- Volunteering to help in the classroom, computer room, office, or library
- Assisting with field trips and special events
- Attending Parent /Teacher conferences, School Council meetings
- Completing information requests (e.g. Surveys)
- Talking to the teacher when you have a question or concern
- Contacting the principal if you have a concern or wish to share a special event in your child's life
Lorelei School Council
The School Council is a partnership where the entire school community joins to establish and work toward common goals with the single aim of improving student learning. The Council provides feedback to the school and becomes involved in projects for the mutual benefit of the students, staff, community and parents. Lorelei School has a very active School Council. We encourage you to get involved. All parents are invited to attend School Council Meetings.
LEAP - Lorelei Elementary Association of Parents
Our LEAP committee meets on the same evening as School Council and is generally comprised of the same group of elected parents. LEAP supports our school community by providing funding through casinos, fundraising, hot lunchs and grant initiatives.